I got nominated for the Liebster Award by The Indian Reverted Muslimah who is a wonderful blogger that blogs about her journey as a revert as well as, openly offers support to sisters I need of comfort. She is also an awesome fiction writer so d check her put if you have the time. It’s been a while since I posted on a nominations but I really liked the questions she posed. And, the class I was meant to have this morning got postponed so, a little free time.
1) what inspired you to blog and has blogging helped you?
I was thinking about this a few days ago and I came to the conclusion that I just woke up one morning and decided to blog. No reason or logic, I had the time and I was in a good state of mind, so I decided, well, I might just blog. And I am so glad it had worked out fine.
2) what is that one wish that you would like to be fulfilled on this dunya?
For peace to prevail and happiness to be in every one’s heart. Okay, that’s two wishes.
3) Is there anything that you’ve been wanting to write about since a long time but haven’t penned it down yet? If yes, then what is it about?
Actually, there are a lot of things I would love to write about. I think there’s always going to be that one thing we “want” to write on and In Sha Allah, at the right time, I’ll get to writing it.
4) what is the one thing/ change that you think will help you come a step closer to Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala)?
Em, I think continuous striving. Making changes are hard, but I believe striving towards those changes with an open mind and heart.
5) Who is that one person you wish to meet on person but haven’t yet got an opportunity to? (After our prophet (Saw))
I Believe all the people I need in my life, I have them right now. So, I don’t think there’s anyone I’m dying to meet. Maybe I’ll remember after posting this.
6) What duaa (prayer) would you make for your neighbors?
Haha, alright then: a May God grant them the heart to forgive me when I (un)knowingly wrong them. And may they have the good of their hearts desire. Oh yeah, and for those who are single amongst them, may they get a good husband.
7) your favorite food?
A local Nigerian dish made with only three Ingredient: flour, baobab powder and Kanwa (can’t remember the English name). The dish is called Dan Wake
8) Your favorite person in the family and why?
I have five siblings and so answering this is akin to creating world war 3. One thing I’ve learned, there is no favorite person. Only favorite people, which is all of them.
9) would you forgive someone who has hurt you too much on the condition of you being his/her neighbor in Jannah?
Considering this world to that is like a drop in the ocean, I’d say, Heck yeah! I do pray I have the mind to do so (forgive) cause it is easier said than done.
10) what is the color you wear the most?
Now this is a tough one. I’d say- black, pink, brown, green,
11) who is the one blogger whose blogs you admire the most?
A lot of blogs I follow inspire me in endless ways. Each unique in their own way and I admire them for that. Pin-pointing one is too hard a choice.
I know there are rules to follow and all when accepting these awards, but rules are meant to be broken right? Okay, that’s just my excuse for not following them this time. Thank you reverted Muslimah for the nomination, I really enjoyed answering these. 🙂